Dear Students & Parents,
Coronavirus is on all of our minds. Along with everything else, this has certainly impacted the college planning process. We want to send out some practical talking points and recommendations during this unpredictable time.
- Obviously, please stay home if there are any symptoms. Remember that symptoms have been negligible among teens, but they can still carry germs. So if parents are feeling ill, we will not meet in person.
- Thank goodness for technology and the ability to meet virtually! If anyone is concerned about meeting in person, we can do most anything college-related over an internet online platform (Zoom, Skype, etc.).
- We do have hand sanitizer but encourage you to bring your own as, like Target and many other stores, we will eventually run out. We have plenty of boxes of tissues. We will also do a professional deep clean of our office. We will be more conscious of avoiding common gestures like handshakes.
- As of right now, we are not planning on canceling any of the Junior Research Jam Sessions. This may change with any public closings of our Eagan and Hopkins locations. We will send out an email and a text to notify students of any changes.
- We really feel for you seniors that are now, due to the COVID-19 issue, unable to visit, or revisit, schools before making a college decision, and those of you planning on Spring Break visits. We have found colleges and universities have been very much on the ball with putting out up-to-date information on closings and the potential to visit. Many colleges are implementing new virtual tours. Also, we can be a great resource to talk about the fit without you being physically present at the college.
In the meantime here are some additional resources related to college and the coronavirus:
We join you in hoping that we will all be able to return to our normal routines soon!
Ryan, Sue and The College Expert Team